If you’re wondering how to record on FaceTime, this article might be helpful. FaceTime offers a convenient way to have audio and video calls with your beloved friends and relatives. Unlike some other video chat apps, FaceTime doesn’t require an account. All you need is someone’s email or mobile number to start a call.
Recording a Facetime video call is simple. All you need is an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or later. During a video call, access the control center on your iPhone, then click the screen recording button. A countdown will start, then the recording will commence. If you want to record on a MacBook, you’ll use QuickTime Player.
This article is the ultimate guide to recording on FaceTime. It covers everything you should know about saving an important video call for the future. Let’s dive right in.
Why Record a FaceTime Call?
There are several reasons to record a FaceTime call. This includes:
- Saving an important meeting for later.
- Capturing a special moment with a loved one.
- Documenting a milestone event, like graduation.
- Capturing interviews with your podcast guests to share on YouTube or Instagram.
Whatever the reason, recording a FaceTime call is a great way to create lasting memories or store important information. The process is relatively simple and quick.
What You Should Know About Recording on FaceTime Call
While recording a FaceTime call is great for academic, personal, or business purposes, there are some things to consider. The last thing you want is to create a legal issue or violate someone’s privacy by recording a FaceTime call. Therefore, before you start a recording, keep the following in mind.
- You can accidentally record a private conversation you weren’t meant to overhear if you’re not careful.
- Recordings can easily be misused. For example, someone can take a sensitive recording and use it to blackmail or publicly embarrass the people involved.
- You can’t edit a recorded video until it’s saved. This can be exasperating if you want to crop the start or end of the video before it saves.
- The quality of FaceTime recordings is not always great. Even if you have a strong internet connection, the video can sometimes appear blurry or pixelated.
- Recordings are saved to your camera roll. This means they’ll be visible in your Photos app and all your devices using the same Apple ID.
- You need an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later to record FaceTime calls. If you’re using an older device, you won’t be able to record conversations with the built-in recorder.
How to Record on FaceTime
Each Apple device has a unique way of recording FaceTime calls. However, the benefits remain the same. You won’t have to install additional software, making it quick and easy to record a call. Follow the instructions below to record a FaceTime call on your Apple device.
On an iPhone or iPad
Recording a FaceTime conversation on your iPhone or iPad is simple. You’ll use the native screen recorder. Here’s how to initiate a recording:
- Depending on your device, swipe up or down on your screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the screen recording icon to activate the 3-second countdown. Once the countdown is complete, the screen recording will launch in the background. Ensure the microphone is turned on via the screen recording feature before proceeding.
- Switch to the FaceTime app and carry on with your call.
To stop the recording, tap on the stop button in the Control Center. Your recording will then be saved to your photo library. Once saved, you can share it with others via email or social media.
If the screen recording button isn’t in the Control Center, you’ll need to add it. Open your iPhone or iPad’s settings, then click Control Center. Scroll down until you find Screen Recording.
Tap the green + icon to add the screen recording button to your Control Center. Now, whenever you access your Control Center, you’ll find the screen recording button. Follow our instructions above to record a FaceTime call.
On a MacBook
If you want to make a screen recording on your MacBook, you can use QuickTime Player. Here’s how:
- Open QuickTime Player.
- Click File, then New Screen Recording in the menu bar. A small window will appear with recording options. Tap the down arrow next to the record button to see more options. This includes recording the entire screen or a portion and whether to show mouse clicks in the recording.
- When you’re ready to start recording, click the record button.
Click the Stop Screen Recording button on the menu bar to end the recording. Your recording will automatically save as a MOV file.
Recording a FaceTime conversation is relatively simple. You can use a built-in screen recorder on an iPhone or iPad that you access via the Control Centre. If you want to record a FaceTime call on Mac, you can use QuickTime Player. Your recordings will be saved to your device for easy sharing via email or social media.
Bear in mind that you may need to add the screen recorder button to your Control Centre. You can do this in your iPhone’s settings. Also, protect sensitive recordings so they don’t get into the wrong hands.
Interested in finding out more about Facetime? Check out these articles.