You might question how to turn off voice control on an iPhone. Especially if you are frustrated by accidentally opening Voice Control when you press the home button. With the help of voice control technology, life has become easier, especially on our phones. This feature makes getting things done on the go more accessible, and it can save you time, too.
If you want to turn off the voice control, you must first access the Accessibility option. Tap the button on the side of the screen. Then select Classic Voice Control, and press Off to turn off the voice control. You can turn the voice control off on your iPhone by doing so.
Steps to Disable Voice Control on iPhone 8 & Earlier Models
On an iPhone 8 or earlier, you can turn off Classic Voice Control by pressing and holding the home button. If you have iPhone 8 or any earlier model, follow the given steps to turn off the voice control.
- On the home screen, tap the icon of the “Settings” app.
- Tap the “Accessibility” button once you’ve reached the Settings screen.
- After that, you need to press the “Home” button.
- When you select “Press and Hold to Speak,” you will have the choice between choosing “Siri,” “Classic Voice Control,” or “Off.”.
- You can keep Siri active and turn off Voice Control by checking the “Siri” box next to the Voice Control option. You should see a checkmark beside “Off” when you want to turn off Voice Control and Siri.
The Voice Control feature on your iPhone 8 or earlier is no longer active.
Steps to Disable Voice Control on an iPhone X or later
Unlike the home button, iPhone X Voice Control works by pressing the side button. Here is how you can disable voice control on an iPhone X or later.
- Locate the “Settings” app icon on your iPhone’s home screen and tap on it.
- Click on “Accessibility” after scrolling down.
- You can find the “Side Button” option by scrolling down the “Accessibility” screen and tapping it.
- You can select whether the Voice Control gets activated by holding the home button or pressing it. Under “Press and hold to speak,” you can also choose to disable it altogether.
- When you want Siri to remain active and Voice Control disabled, click “Siri” until a checkmark appears next to it. Click “Off,” and a checkmark will appear next to Voice Control and Siri to disable them both.
It is no longer a difficult task to do anything with the help of voice control technology. You can do more on the go with this feature and save some time.
The feature can help you get more done on the go, whether you’re sending emails or texts, making calls, or asking Siri for directions.
Nevertheless, many people don’t appreciate or find voice control useful. If you are one of the latter groups, you can easily turn off voice control on your iPhone.