When your kids watch videos on YouTube on your phone, you might want to lock the screen and wonder, “how to lock the screen on Youtube?” Both iPhone and Android have the feature to lock your screen while watching Youtube videos. But how to do that?
You can pin Youtube on your Android phone using the “Screen Pinning” feature. Adding a lock to the entire phone limits the user only to run one app at a time. In contrast, iPhone users can use Guided Access to lock their screens.
Methods to Lock Screen on YouTube
The following are methods for locking your screen on Youtube.
Method 1: Locking Screen on Youtube on Android
Android phones have a “Screen Pinning” feature that lets you pin any app, such as YouTube. By locking the whole phone, the user can only run one app at a time.
Using this feature, children can only access YouTube and no other apps. Activate screen pinning in the following manner:
- The first thing you need to do is go to your Android phone’s “Settings.”
- Then click the dropdown menu next to “Security” and select it.
- You will then need to choose the “Advanced” option.
- Within the “Advanced” section, you will find the screen pinning option.
- In the absence of Screen Pinning, you will see “Lock Screen & Security” instead.
- On your Android device, enable the feature.
- You can now lock YouTube by clicking the Pin icon.
This will help you lock the screen on Youtube on your Android device.
Method 2: Locking Screen on Youtube on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can use the Guided Access feature to lock the screen. Using the Guided Access feature, you can restrict what you see and interact with the device.
You can also limit access to specific applications, like YouTube. So, while using Guided Access on your device while watching Youtube videos, you cannot use other applications.
Moreover, you can limit the ability of a user to tap specific areas of the screen. Follow the given steps to lock the screen of an iPhone while watching YouTube videos.
- Type YouTube’s URL into the browser and open it.
- From the top of the YouTube page, click the three dots. Most of the time, you’ll see these three buttons arranged vertically on the right side.
- Clicking on that button will display a list. Select “Settings” from the list.
- You should select the “General” option next in Settings.
- Choose “Accessibility” after selecting the “General.”
- Now, you will find the “Guided Access” feature.
- Click the “Guided Access” button.
- Type the lock-disabling passcode.
- Your screen locks after you enter the passcode, and you can view YouTube videos without any trouble.
- Your iPhone’s home screen also allows you to include the “Guided Access” functionality.
Your kid can now watch YouTube videos on the iPhone without you worrying. Android users can use the screen pinning option, while iPhone users can use Guided Access to add the screen lock.
Users can also lock the screen of any application they choose on both Android and iPhones through various other Lock screen applications.
After accepting the terms and conditions, such apps can deactivate the touch screen on the device after installation and activation.
Check out our other YouTube guides here. Here are some of our most popular: