If you’re wondering how to invert your camera on FaceTime, this article might be helpful. FaceTime is a blessing for flawless communication with friends and family. It has a user-friendly interface, enabling you to set up a call and initiate a hassle-free conversation. However, some features, like inverting your camera, aren’t as easy to find when you first use the app.
To switch your camera’s view, start by tapping anywhere on your screen. Click the ‘flip’ button in the menu bar at the top or bottom of your screen. This will switch the view from your front-facing camera to your rear-facing camera. If you want the person on the call to see your face, simply tap the ‘flip’ button again.
Once you know how to flip your camera on FaceTime, video calls with friends or family become more enjoyable. This article covers all you need to know about inverting your camera on FaceTime. Let’s dive right in.
Why You Should Invert Your Camera on FaceTime
Inverting the camera on FaceTime isn’t a big concern for everyone, but it can be beneficial. When you invert your camera, it’s helpful in certain situations for the person on the other side of the call. Let’s shed some light on this.
Say, for instance, you’re a business owner, and you want to show a customer or a client your products or services. By inverting your camera on FaceTime, you can give them a better view, allowing them to see everything clearly. Therefore, you can showcase your business in the best light possible.
Another time inverting your camera can come in handy is during video chats with family. If you want to show them something in your surroundings, it’s better to use your rear-facing camera. This way, they’ll see what you’re seeing clearly. And you can have a more pleasant chat.
There are plenty of other reasons to invert your camera during FaceTime calls. And, the best part is, flipping your camera is easy. All you have to do is tap a button on your screen.
What You Should Know About Inverting Your Camera on FaceTime
Keep these things in mind when inverting your camera during a FaceTime call:
- If you invert your camera, the image on the other person’s screen will also be inverted. Their view will match what you see in the small box in the corner of your screen. This can be confusing for some people, so you might want to keep this in mind before tapping the button.
- When using an iPad or iPhone with iOS 12 or later, Siri can assist you with flipping your camera. Just say, “Hey Siri, flip the camera,” and it will be done in seconds.
- You can still use your front-facing camera outside of the app even if your camera is inverted on FaceTime. This might come in handy for specific situations, such as taking a selfie. Remember that the image on the other person’s screen will be reversed.
The Disadvantages of Inverting a Camera on FaceTime
Firstly, some people might not like the inverted image. It can be jarring or strange to see everything flipped around. Therefore, keep this in mind when making a call to someone who you know might not be comfortable with it.
Finally, you can’t use your front-facing camera if your camera is inverted. This can be a downside for people who want to take selfies or see themselves during the call.
How to Invert Camera on FaceTime
Now that you know all about inverting a camera on FaceTime, it’s time to learn how to do it. Follow these easy steps:
- Open the FaceTime app and make a call.
- Tap anywhere on your screen to draw up the menu bar.
- Click the ‘flip’ button in the menu bar at the top or bottom of the screen.
The camera will now be inverted, and the other person will see the image in reverse. If you want the person on the other end of the call to see your face, tap the ‘flip’ button again.
Inverting your camera during a FaceTime call can be helpful in several situations. It can be useful for business owners and anyone chatting with family. All you need to do is tap the ‘flip’ button in the menu bar at the top or bottom of your screen.
Interested in finding out more about Facetime? Check out these articles.