You can post a video from YouTube to your Instagram Stories to increase follower participation and give them a glimpse into your life. YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform with over 1 billion active users. And Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social media platform with boasts more than 500 million daily active users.
We’ve got some tips on sharing YouTube videos to your Instagram Stories. Choose an interesting or funny video that is short and to the point. Go to the Share menu and select Instagram Stories. Edit the video to fit the story format (under 15 seconds). Add text, stickers, or other effects to personalize your story. Share your story and tag your friends.
Let’s dive deeper into the nitty gritty of sharing videos with your friends on Instagram.
Why Share YouTube Videos on Your Instagram Stories?
There are several reasons you might want to show your Instagram followers a YouTube video.
- Maybe you found a funny video that you know your friends will enjoy, or maybe you want to share a tutorial with your followers.
- Sharing YouTube videos on Instagram stories offers an ideal channel of communication with your followers and add some variety to your content.
- It’s a seamless and straightforward way to share the videos you love with the people you care about.
What You Should Know About Sharing YouTube Video on Instagram Story?
Now that you know how to share YouTube videos on Instagram stories, you should keep a few things in mind.
- Only public and unlisted YouTube videos can be shared on Instagram stories. So if you try to share a private or unlisted video, it won’t work.
- Only videos under 60 seconds long can be shared on Instagram stories. So if you find a longer video that you want to share, you’ll need to trim it down before sharing it.
- Once you post a YouTube video to your Instagram profile, it will appear as a link in your story. Your followers will then be taken to the YouTube app to watch the video when they tap or click on the link.
- Keep in mind that videos posted to Instagram Stories are temporary. They are only visible for 24 hours. After that, they will disappear.
- Bear in mind that YouTube and Instagram are two different kinds of platforms. Therefore, you should ensure that the content you share from YouTube is suitable for Instagram platform and your audience.
How To Share A YouTube Video On An Instagram Story
Follow these easy steps to post a video from YouTube to your Instagram Stories:
- Find the YouTube video you’d like to show your Instagram followers and tap the Share button.
- Tap the Instagram icon.
- This will open up your Instagram app with the video ready to be posted on your story. Add any text or stickers you want, then share them to your story.
That’s all there is to it. Sharing videos from YouTube to your Instagram Stories couldn’t be easier. And with the above guide at your fingertips, you’ll be sharing those videos with ease.
Check out our other YouTube guides here. Here are some of our most popular: