Those who own MacBooks and AirPods might ask, “can you connect AirPods to MacBooks?” It is relatively straightforward to pair and use AirPods on an iPhone and iPad, but it is not so easy on the Mac. So, is it possible to do so?
Yes, you can connect AirPods to MacBook using two different ways. How you connect AirPods to your Mac depends on how you are currently using them. Be sure that your Mac has the same Apple ID before pairing AirPods.
Can You Connect AirPods to a MacBook?
You could connect your AirPods directly to your Mac if you didn’t already connect them to your iPhone. Follow the given steps to do so.
- Open the AirPods’ charging case with the AirPods still in it, but do not take them out of their case.
- Once the status light starts flashing on the back of the case, stop pressing and holding the button.
- Now, select “System Preferences.”
- To enable Bluetooth, click “Bluetooth” under System Preferences.
- After that, locate the device you want to pair the AirPods with and click on “Connect.”
- AirPods will appear in the Devices list after the connection is complete. Now it is ready for use.
Try these solutions if you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods:
The first step is to ensure your Mac is up to date. If you own 2nd generation AirPods, you will need macOS 10.14.4 or later, while for the 1st AirPods, you require macOS Sierra or later.
You may need to remove your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices and pair them with the Mac again if your AirPods are not connecting. To do so, click the “x” next to the AirPods in the list of Bluetooth devices. Repeat the process to pair the AirPods.
Is It Possible for AirPods to Have Connection Problems with MacBooks?
Once you have entirely charged them, reconnect them to your MacBook. It is also possible to check the battery level of your AirPods to determine whether they are running out of power.
Having AirPods already connected to another device means that you cannot connect your MacBook to them.
Therefore, if you face this issue, you should check if the AirPods are not connected to any other device. To overcome this issue, you should turn off Bluetooth on other devices connected with AirPods.
Using new earbuds for the first time requires pairing them first with your Mac. As soon as you pair the AirPods, Apple syncs their details across all your iCloud devices, which means that pairing your AirPods with Mac only has to be done once.