Many new AirPods users ask, “can I connect AirPods to PS5?” Over a year and a half has passed since Sony unveiled the PlayStation 5. Despite being an excellent console for gamers, it lacks Bluetooth support. So, can you connect AirPods to PS5?
Yes, AirPods can connect to a PlayStation 5. However, for this, you will have to use a Bluetooth adapter. With a Bluetooth adapter, the AirPod connects to a PS4 with ease. However, remember that you will not be able to communicate with other players, but you will be able to hear what is happening in the game.
Can You Connect AirPods to PS5?
It is possible to connect AirPods with PS5 using a Bluetooth adapter. To do so, follow these steps:
- Charge the AirPods before attempting to connect. Make sure that the battery in your Bluetooth adapter is also complete. It is not necessary to charge adapters that plug into PS5.
- To use the Bluetooth adapter, connect it to the PS5.
- Turn on pairing mode on the Bluetooth adapter. The method you enter in pairing mode may differ from one device to another, so always check the instructions. When paired devices display a blinking light, they are in the pairing mode.
- Firstly, you should ensure that the AirPods are inside the charging case, and then you should open it. Click on the case and hold down the button.
- The Bluetooth adapter’s light will turn solid when you hold the button on the AirPods case. After that, the adapter will detect a pair of AirPods.
Wear your AirPods, and the audio from the PS5 should be audible.
What Are the Limitations When Connecting AirPods to PS5?
While the PS5 is arguably the most advanced video game console, it does not support Bluetooth audio at first. The PlayStation 5 does not support Bluetooth headphones, including AirPods, without an additional accessory.
The PS5 can detect AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones, but it fails to pair them on the last step. However, a Bluetooth audio adapter plugged into your console will solve this problem.
It’s a good thing that Bluetooth adapters aren’t too expensive. You can plug in the adapter to the controller or the USB port on your PS5. You can get any accessory that looks good to you, as they all work in the same way.
Due to two important limitations, Bluetooth headphones such as AirPods don’t work well with PS5. There is usually some delay between the sounds you hear and what appears on screen with Bluetooth headphones.
The delay occurs because Bluetooth transfers audio that way. Suppose you need a very high level of gaming performance. In that case, AirPods may not satisfy your needs because of their audio latency.
Furthermore, although AirPods have a microphone, gamers will not be able to use them to chat while playing. Fortunately, there are some PS5 headsets with microphones for controllers explicitly designed for this purpose. So, you will have to purchase such headsets to get rid of the issue.