Are you struggling while charging your AirPods and want to know how to tell if an AirPods case is charging? Apple AirPods users can do a few things to determine when their earbuds are charging. Understanding the charging process can help you to make your AirPods battery last longer. But how do I know if my AirPods case is charging?
The case has begun charging your AirPods when you place them in it and notice red or amber lights. Upon opening the case, you will see a green light indicating that they are fully charged. This method will help you know that your AirPods are charging.
Methods To Tell If an AirPods Case Is Charging
Listed below are some ways of determining if your AirPods case is charging.
Method 1: By Checking Lights
Once you place the AirPods inside the case and notice a red or amber light, the case has already begun charging your AirPods. If a green light starts appearing, it indicates the phone has completed charging.
Method 2: Through Batteries Widget in the Today View
The Today View has a Battery Widget for checking your AirPods’ battery level. Follow the given steps to do so.
- Go to the Today View. The Today View is available when you swipe right from the home screen.
- The Batteries Widget may automatically appear in the Today View section.
- However, you may add it if it isn’t visible. Go to the bottom of the page and tap Edit.
- On the top right, click the plus symbol.
- Type Batteries in the search box or scroll to find them. Touch it to open it.
- The widget is available in a variety of sizes and information.
- Select one that suits your needs and tap Add Widget.
- Click Done to finish.
- Now you can see the charging of your AirPods and charging case under the Batteries tab of the AirPods case.
- If you use AirPods when their case is shut, their battery level will only appear on the screen.
Method 3: Using iPhone
The following steps will show you if your AirPods case is charging using your iPhone.
- Leave your AirPods inside the case, and place the case next to your unlocked iPhone.
- The charging case and AirPods battery levels will both display on the screen.
- The battery icon will have a black lightning bolt next to it. It means it is charging.
You will waste less time checking your AirPods’ battery life if you know how long to charge them. It takes about 20 minutes for the Apple AirPods to fully charge once they are in the Apple AirPods case.
It will take approximately an hour for the charging case to recharge and can hold two to three charges. Depending on the AirPods model, Apple indicates that after only 15 minutes of charging, you might still be able to listen for a couple of hours.