Have you ever wondered how you can connect your AirPods to PS4? With the Apple AirPods, you can enjoy wireless audio conveniently and effectively. They are compatible with virtually any Bluetooth device. But can you connect them with PS4?
Yes, you can connect AirPods to PS4. There is a small workaround and one limitation to using AirPods with your PS4. Through a Bluetooth adapter, you can connect your AirPods to PS4, and you will be able to hear what’s happening in the game, but the ability to communicate will not be available.
Can You Connect AirPods to PS4?
Using a Bluetooth adapter, you will be able to connect AirPods to a PS4 device.
- Ensure that your AirPods are fully charged before using them. The same goes for using a Bluetooth adapter powered by a battery.
- All you need to do is connect the Bluetooth adapter to the PS4.
- Please turn on the Bluetooth adapter and start pairing it. Your device’s instructions will tell you how to do this exactly.
- Open the charging case and hold the syncing button for a couple of seconds while keeping the AirPods in the charging case.
- As soon as the light blinks on the Bluetooth adapter, it would be best if you held the button down. Once the light has stopped blinking, AirPods and adapter have got paired.
- Verify your PS4’s settings to ensure your PS4 is paired to your AirPods. Go to do so; you can visit the Audio Devices option. It will establish a connection between your AirPods and PS4.
- The PS4’s Volume Control menu also lets you adjust the audio volume to your AirPods.
- Your AirPods will now receive audio from your PS4, and you will be ready to use.
What Are the Requirements to Connect AirPods to PS4?
It is important to note that the PS4 does not come pre-loaded with Bluetooth audio support. As a result, AirPods and Bluetooth headphones will be unable to connect to it without accessories.
When you connect AirPods without the appropriate adapter, the PS4 will recognize them, but the pairing process will fail at the very end.
If you want to avoid this issue, purchase a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the HDMI port of the PS4 to enable Bluetooth audio.
It may be possible to connect AirPods to PS4, but this method has one limitation. Despite the microphone on AirPods, you cannot chat with other players.
Bluetooth adapters generally only allow your PS4 to send audio to your headphones, not vice versa. If you want two-way communication on your PS4, you’ll need special PS4 headphones.
However, suppose all you need is an audio device that will let you listen without bothering others. In that case, a Bluetooth adapter is the perfect solution.