Knowing how to hide tagged photos on Instagram is essential if you spend a lot of time on your Instagram account. Sometimes, you’ll find that you’ve been tagged in an embarrassing photo that you would not like your loved ones to see. Other times the pictures do not match your profile style. You may need to get rid of such unwanted tagged photos, but how do you do that?
You can manually hide tagged photos on Instagram by using the “hide from my profile” option. And if you have many tagged photos you want to hide, use the “setting options” on your profile menu to remove them. Using these two steps will enable you to remove tagged pictures from your Instagram account without untagging yourself. There are several advantages to this.
Advantages of Knowing How to Hide Tagged Photos on Instagram
Many people go through the pictures on your Instagram. In fact, some employers peruse your social media profile to find out more about you. Having embarrassing photos on your profile that a friend or stranger has tagged you in can make you lose profitable opportunities.
Some pictures you are tagged in on Instagram may also exhibit you in a bad light. You may be uncomfortable displaying them on your Instagram page because they will ruin your reputation. Knowing how to hide such embarrassing pictures you’ve been tagged in will help you protect your image.
You may also decide to hide tagged photos you don’t like that interfere with the style of your Instagram profile page. That will allow you to keep the aesthetics of your Instagram account in the style you prefer.
Here are instructions on how to hide tagged photos on Instagram
How to Hide Tagged Photos on Instagram Using the “Hide Option”
- Select the image you are tagged in that you want to hide from your profile.
- Click on the three dots on the upper right-hand side of the image.
- Select “hide options,” and a menu will pop up.
- Choose ” Hide from profile,” and the picture will be removed from your profile.
Hiding one photo at a time from your Instagram profile is cumbersome. You can hide many photos at a time. Here’s how to do it.
How to Hide Many Tagged Photos on Instagram Using the “Settings” Option
- Log into your Instagram profile page and click “menu”.
- Choose the settings option and click on “Privacy.”
- Select “tags”, then “hide photos”, and a window with your pictures will pop up.
- You can manually select all the photos you want to hide from your profile.
- Once you’ve picked all the unwanted photos, click “hide” to remove them from sight.
Your profile picture gallery is as you prefer, with only the pictures you want to display.
Instagram is a popular social media platform accessed by millions of people every day. If your profile is set to “public,” your pictures are open for anyone to view, including influential people.
Creating a pleasant profile with attractive pictures that depict you in a good light is essential. Use the tips we’ve given you to hide any embarrassing photos you’ve been tagged in by strangers from your profile.