If you’ve read a message by mistake, you might need to know how to unread a message on Instagram. Regular Instagram users are probably aware of the “seen” tag, which appears underneath the messages your target audience reads and engages. But how can you unread it?
Instagram does not allow the private user to mark messages as unread via a built-in option. However, you must have a business account if you want to have the opportunity to unread messages in the Instagram app. So, you will have to turn your private account into a business account to unread a message.
How To Unread a Message on Instagram
The feature of unread messages within the Instagram app is only available to business users. You can unseen messages from the Instagram app only if you own a business profile.
Upon opening your business account on Instagram, you will see two tabs on your inbox – primary and general. Your primary option contains users who matter to you.
When you place a user on the General tab, you do not receive notifications when they send you a message.
Method No 1: Unread Message on Business Account
Simple steps are available to mark conversations unread on a business Instagram account. No matter where a conversation takes place within the Instagram app, there is always the possibility of marking messages as unread. You can do this by:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in your inbox to open it.
- Find the message you would like to mark as unread and click on it.
- Choose “More” from the conversation.
- Then choose “Mark as unread.”
Method No 2: Unread Message on Private Account
The question now is: What can you do without a business account? If you wish not to see a message on your private account, how do you do that? Can you still unread messages? Here’s how you do it.
- You can refuse to accept the message the person is sending you. There is the possibility of reading unknown user messages under the “message requests” section anonymously.
- Whenever you receive a message from them and the seen sign appears, you can restrict their use if you have already accepted their message request. An Instagram restrict feature makes messages from specific users inaccessible.
You can use Instagram to maintain contact with your family and friends. It is possible to read some messages you do not wish to.
When that happens, most people will want to unread the message as soon as possible. Business users on Instagram may be able to unread the messages they receive.
It’s possible to subscribe to third-party tools to unread messages without having a business account. Other than that, Instagram does not allow users to unread a message.