If you want to know “how to remove a remembered account on Instagram,” this article is for you. The Instagram app saves your credentials and memorizes your account information as soon as you log in. It will help you log in back by tapping once so that you won’t have to enter your credentials again. Due to this, someone who has access to your smartphone will be able to open your Instagram account. So how to delete this?
Go to Instagram and open it. On your profile page, click the Menu icon. Select “Settings.” Next, click Logout. Then, deselect the box labeled “Remember my login info.” Again, choose Logout. When the pop-up appears, you should choose “Not Now.”. Select “Remove” once you have selected three dots.
Methods to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram
Several methods exist for removing Instagram accounts. Following these methods will help you remove a remembered Instagram account.
Method 1: Manually
One of the easiest and quickest methods to remove your remembered account is by doing it manually.
- Firstly, open the Instagram application.
- After that, you will need to choose the Menu icon on your profile.
- Next, choose “Settings” from the side menu.
- Next, select Logout from the options, or if you have more than one account, choose Logout from every account.
- A pop-up window will now appear. You will need to untick the box saying, “Remember my login information.”
- Next, select Logout.
- The pop-up window will again appear, and you will have the option to select “Not Now.”
- To complete the process, choose three dots and then select “Remove.”
You will be able to successfully remove the Instagram Remembered account upon logging in to Instagram again.
Method 2: Through Instagram App Data
With the help of Instagram app data, you can also remove the remembered accounts through your smartphone. You can remove Instagram account data from mobile phones by following the steps below.
- You will first need to access your mobile’s settings. Find the “App Management” section.
- You will want to select “App list” and find “Instagram.”
- The next step is to click the “storage usage” button.
- Afterward, you will need to select “clear data.”
At this point, the Instagram app data should be gone. As a consequence, your Remembered account will no longer appear on Instagram.
So, these are the possible ways to delete a remembered Instagram account. Using these methods, you can access your Instagram account without worrying about someone gaining access.
The only way to make our Instagram accounts safe is to include additional security features, such as two-factor authentication. Instagram could add other security features like Fingerprint authentication to open the app, which benefits many.