Are you wondering how to reverse a video on iPhone? There are a lot of interesting things you can do with a video. You can make someone look like they are walking backward or falling to the ceiling instead of from it.
Reversing a video on iPhone is as simple as using its photos for the iOS app. Take a video or import one to the photo app, click the reverse button, and save it in camera roll. You can also reverse edit a video on your Mac using iMovie and send it to your iPhone. Another option is the third-party video editing app InShot.
Advantages of Reversing Videos on iPhone
Reversed videos are popular on social media platforms such as Snapchat, TikTok, and other video-sharing platforms. That’s because they are unusual and fun to watch.
Although some apps like Instagram have reverse options, doing it from your iPhone gives you a better quality video. The phone also has exciting options you can use to edit your video, such as adding music and adjusting the speed.
Editing a video on iPhone’s photos for the iOS app is also free. You don’t have to pay for subscriptions like other video editing apps on the Apple store. The app is also easy to use.
Here’s how to use it.
How to Reverse a Video Using iPhone’s Photos for iOS App
- Start by launching the photo app on your iPhone.
- Take the video you want to reverse or select an existing video from your camera roll.
- Use the tools in the lower section of the iPhone screen to edit your video.
- Examples of edit options you can use are reverse, rotate, and resize. Select the reverse option and click on it.
- Save the edited version once you’ve reversed the video to your satisfaction.
- Play the edited video to see how the video turned out.
- You can enhance the video by changing the speed settings to make it play faster or slower.
- Once you are satisfied with the edited video, export it to your camera roll and save it. You can share it with friends or on your social networks from there whenever you like.
Now that you’ve learned how to reverse a video using the iPhone’s photos for the iOS app try the Inshot app. Knowing how to use it will give you two options you can use to edit your videos.
How to Reverse a Video on Your iPhone Using the Inshot App
InShot is a third-party video editing app you can download from the Apple store. Here’s how to reverse a video using Inshot.
- Install the Inshot app from the Apple app store onto your iPhone.
- Launch Inshot and tap on the video option to access video editing options.
- Allow the Inshot app to access your photos and videos on the iPhone app.
- Select the video you want to reverse from the video gallery.
- Swipe on the tool menu on the extreme right side until you see the “reverse” option.
- Select the “reverse” option and wait for the app to reverse the video. You can also use other options to edit the video, such as adjusting the speed or adding music.
- The Inshot app also allows you to change the video resolution of your video when editing it.
- Once you finish editing your video, replay it to check for any mistakes. If you’ve satisfactorily edited the video, click save and store it in your iPhone video gallery.
- You can now replay your video from the video gallery or the Inshot app anytime you like.
Now you know how to reverse a video on iPhone using the iPhone’s Photos for iOS app and Inshot app. Why don’t you try both apps and see which one you like best?
Although you can reverse videos on social media apps like TikTok and Snapchat, others like Facebook don’t have that feature. Use the iPhone Photos for the iOS app and Inshot app whenever these other options are unavailable. Other apps you can try are Reverse Vid and VideoShop.