You’re in the middle of an important Facetime call with a client, and your phone starts ringing. You answer it and start talking, but you can hear your client’s voice in the background.
It’s embarrassing when this happens. Especially if you’re in the middle of a serious discussion with someone, like an interview. Their phone goes off, blaring out music or a notification tone. This gets more frustrating when you’re unaware of how to mute someone on Facetime. But there’s a quick way to do this.
While you’re on a FaceTime call, simply tap the mute button. You’ll find this option toward the lower section of the screen, next to the camera button. Once you’ve tapped the mute button, your microphone will be disabled, and the other person will no longer be able to hear you. Tap on the mute button once more when you’re ready to continue.
Now, you’ll be able to mute your caller’s audio without them even knowing. And it’ll be easier to maintain focus on the conversation and avoid awkward moments.
So, let’s dive right into it and learn more about muting someone on Facetime.
Why Mute Someone on Facetime?
As discussed, there are numerous reasons that could elicit the need to mute someone on Facetime. Maybe their phone keeps going off, and it’s disrupting your conversation. Or perhaps you’re in a public place, and you don’t want the other person to hear the background noise.
Whatever the reason, knowing how to mute someone on Facetime can come in handy.
Benefits of Muting Someone on Facetime
There are several benefits to muting someone on Facetime.
First, it allows you to have a more focused conversation. Suppose the other person’s phone is constantly going off. In that case, it can be distracting and a hard to focus your attention on the conversation at hand.
Second, muting someone on Facetime can help reduce background noise. If you’re in a public place, such as a coffee shop, you may not want the other person to hear the noise around you. By muting your microphone, you’ll prevent them from hearing any unwanted noise in the background.
Third, muting someone on Facetime can be used to avoid awkward moments. Suppose you receive a phone call at a crucial point during a Facetime conversation. In that case, you can mute your microphone, so the other person doesn’t hear your conversation. This way, you can avoid any awkward or embarrassing moments.
What You Should Know About Muting Someone on Facetime
Now that you know the benefits of muting someone on Facetime, there are some essential things to consider.
- When you mute someone on Facetime, they can no longer pick up any sound from your side. If you’d like to speak to them, you’ll need to unmute yourself to restart the conversation.
- Whoever you’re on a FaceTime call with, will be able to see that you’ve muted yourself. This is because a mute icon appears next to your name when you’re on a Facetime call.
- Muting someone on Facetime doesn’t mean that they can’t hear any sound from your phone. If you receive a phone call or text message, the other person will still be able to hear the notification sound. You’ll have to disable notifications to avoid this.
Disadvantages of Muting Someone on Facetime
While there are several benefits to muting someone on Facetime, there are also a few disadvantages.
- It can be difficult to restart a conversation if you’ve muted yourself. Whoever you’re talking to may think you’re no longer interested in talking because they can’t hear you.
- The other person can unmute you. If they know how to do this, they’ll be able to hear everything you say, even if you’ve muted yourself.
How to Mute Someone on Facetime
Muting someone on Facetime is easy and only takes a few seconds. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your FaceTime app and initiate a call.
- Then tap on the mute icon at the lower section of the screen.
- Whoever you’re talking to won’t be able to hear you anymore.
- To unmute yourself, tap the mute button again.
And that’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can mute someone on Facetime without any hassle.
Muting someone on Facetime can be a great way to have a more focused conversation or avoid awkward moments. Just keep in mind that when you mute someone on Facetime, they won’t be able to hear you, and you may need to restart the conversation. Thanks for reading!
Interested in finding out more about Facetime? Check out these articles.