If you want to know how to go frame by frame on YouTube, this article is for you. For those of you who are animators or graphic designers, frame by frame could be pretty helpful for you during work. But to get it?
It is possible to move a video frame by frame both forward and backward. When you pause a video and press the “.” button on YouTube, you can forward a frame. You can do YouTube frames backward to take you to the last frame in a video. You have to stop the video and click the comma key.
How to Go Frame by Frame on YouTube
Several methods and external websites allow you to enjoy YouTube videos frame by frame. Here’s how.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are the steps to follow if you want to use keyboard shortcuts to go frame by frame.
- Open YouTube.com in your web browser.
- Next, find the targeted video footage you’d like to watch frame by frame.
- After that, pause the video at the point you wish to watch frame by frame. If you are using a computer, you can pause the video by pressing Space.
- You can then press “.” for one frame to be forward, and to go back one frame, press the comma key.
This method works mainly for all YouTube videos and is simple to use.
Method 2: Using External Websites
Various external sites will let you watch Youtube videos frame by frame. To do so, here are the steps to follow:
- Copy YouTube video URL in the browser.
- After copying the video link, go to the WatchFrameByFrame website and enter the video link in the “Enter video URL” option.
- Once you have done that, press “Watch Video.”
- Set the frame rate to 30 and pause the video when you want each frame to appear.
It’s that simple. You should be able to move a frame forward and a frame backward as per your desire.
Method 3: Using Desktop Apps
Desktop apps like VLC player can also help you watch your favorite Youtube video frame by frame. Follow the steps below.
- First, copy the YouTube link of the video you’d like to watch.
- You should launch the VLC player.
- Select “Media.” After that, select “Open Network Stream.”
- Copy the YouTube video link, paste it into the video URL section, and press “Play.”
- Once you have launched your VLC media player, the YouTube video will begin to play, and you’ll be able to control it with the frame-by-frame hotkey. It is easy to move frame-by-frame through a YouTube video once you press the E key.
You can now choose any of the three most suitable methods for watching videos frame by frame.
YouTube users, for example, can make use of the official keyboard shortcuts available on the default YouTube video player.
Suppose you are interested in having YouTube videos played frame by frame on the mobile. In that case, you can use a third-party website.
Check out our other YouTube guides here. Here are some of our most popular: