Growing your audience will be easier if you interact with them in the comments, due to which you might wonder, “how to enable comments on Youtube?” Adding a comment to videos gives you an instant chance to share your opinion with others. So, how can you enable them?
Sign in to your account and go to Youtube Studio. Select the “Settings” option located at the bottom left. Next, choose “Upload defaults.” After that, go to “Advanced” settings. Then, you must select the “Comment Visibility” option. You need to choose “Allow all comments” and click “Save.”
Methods to Enable Comments on Youtube
YouTube offers the following three methods for enabling comments.
Method 1: Enabling Comments on the Overall Channel
The following steps describe how to enable comments on the overall channel.
- Visit the YouTube Studio webpage using a browser.
- Go to the Settings page. This option is present in the menu at the bottom left.
- Then, select the “Upload defaults” option.
- Next, you should visit the “Advanced” settings.
- Then select the “Comment Visibility” option.
- Click on the “Comment Visibility,” and you will be able to select an option.
- You should select “Allow all comments.”
- Click “Save.”
Now, you have enabled your YouTube comments.
Method 2: Allowing Comments on Individual Video
It is also possible to enable only individual video comments by following the given steps.
- Make sure you are on YouTube Studio.
- Make sure you have access to your Youtube channel.
- In the left menu, choose the “Content” option. The icon for this option is a square containing a triangle.
- Then, choose the video for which you wish to enable comments. The videos will appear as a list in your library. You can choose any video by clicking on the thumbnail.
- Then choose the “Show More” button.
- After scrolling down a bit, you will find another heading saying “Comments and ratings.” A button named “Comment Visibility” is present beneath this header. Press it to enable the option.
- Press “Save” to apply the changes.
Method 3: Enabling Comments Through Mobile
Follow the given steps to enable comments on mobile.
- Launch YouTube Studio.
- Then, tap the “Content” option found in the very middle of the screen.
- Then, choose the “Videos” option.
- From there, select the video you wish to enable comments for.
- After that, click on the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Select the “Allow Comments” checkbox.
- Click on the “Save” button.
When a subscriber leaves a comment on your video, the feeling you get is incredible. Whether it’s a message of support, a funny joke, or even a smile, it can give a creator a boost.
There are, however, some viewers that are not as kind as others. Some people make disrespectful or mean comments without any reason.
Rather than enduring hatred, you may prefer turning comments off when they become too intense. Even if you have Android and iOS mobile devices, you can quickly turn YouTube comments on and off.
Check out our other YouTube guides here. Here are some of our most popular: