On YouTube’s app, the company collects much of your data and saves it as a cache, which might make you wonder “how to clear the cache on Youtube?” The browser automatically saves certain information from a website to your device whenever you visit a website. As a result, the site will load faster and perform better when you are back on it. But it might also cause privacy concerns? So, how can you clear the cache?
Click the Chrome icon on your computer. Then click three dots on the top ride right. Go to the “More” menu and choose “Clear browsing.” Select the time range. Click “All time” to clear everything. Make sure to check the boxes containing “Clear Cookies. Click the Clear Data button. It will result in the removal of your Youtube cache.
Methods to Clear Cache on Youtube
Clear the cache on YouTube by following the given methods.
Method 1: Clearing Youtube Cache on PC
You can clean your YouTube cache on your PC by following these steps:
- Click on Google Chrome and then click the vertical three-dot icon present in the right corner.
- Next, click “More Tools” and click the “Clear browsing data” option.
- When you click on the Basic tab, select the Time range. Following that, you need to tick the boxes about cache, cookies, and history data to remove them.
- Press the Clear Data button. It will delete the YouTube cache and cookies.
There are no YouTube caches and cookies left on the YouTube site, so you need to log into your YouTube account again.
Method 2: Clearing Youtube Cache on Android & iPhones
It takes up space on the phone to store cookies and cache. As a result, the YouTube application may be running slow if you don’t periodically clean the cache.
It is because history searches and web data are constantly occupying the application. Also, it is possible to prevent information from being used commercially by deleting the cache.
Here’s how you can clear YouTube cache on iPhones and Androids.
- If you are using an Android or iPhone, open up Google Chrome.
- There is a three-dots icon above the right-hand corner of the Android interface that you can access by tapping on it. This icon on the iPhone is present at the very bottom of the screen.
- Choose the “Clear Browsing.”
- Then, click the checkbox next to the items you wish to delete, which will help you delete them.
- Finally, a confirmation window will appear to confirm the deletion of the selected data. By doing so, you can clean Youtube Cache on Android and iPhone.
Content that you often access on the internet is stored to serve as a faster access point in the future, known as a cache. A browser memorizes the cache data for faster loading.
Getting rid of the cache on YouTube allows you to change your search preferences and increase the speed at which YouTube videos load.
Although PCs do not have space problems, removing the YouTube cache from iPhones and Androids can improve space and performance.
Check out our other YouTube guides here. Here are some of our most popular: