Is your Apple watch not vibrating for texts? You may miss important notifications if your Apple Watch does not send you a notification when you receive a text message. There is no need to continue dealing with the problem indefinitely. It doesn’t matter if you’re having difficulty communicating with your iPhone or if it’s a simple problem like a misconfigured setting; you can fix it. So how to fix it?
If your Apple Watch is not vibrating for texts, ensure your internet connection is working. If necessary, synchronize your Apple Watch again. Also, ensure that the Airplane mode is off. Your iPhone cannot communicate with your Apple Watch while in airplane mode, so your Apple Watch cannot communicate with your iPhone. Make sure Airplane Mode is disabled to reconnect.
Methods to Fix an Apple Watch That’s Not Vibrating for Texts
Suppose you’ve noticed that your Apple Watch doesn’t vibrate for text notifications. In that case, there are a few simple ways you can resolve the issue. Below are a few suggestions in the order that they work best.
1. Check the Connection
Make sure your connection is working. Resynchronize your Apple Watch if necessary to resolve the issue.
2. Wearing an Apple Watch Correctly
Wear your Apple Watch properly to ensure it is working correctly. Notifications are only sent when the Apple Watch is worn.
Be sure you wear it correctly on your wrist so the sensor can detect you. It is possible to confirm this by going to the Apple Watch App > Passcode > Wrist Detection.
3. Turn off Airplane Mode
Turn off the Airplane Mode. Airplane mode prevents your iPhone from communicating with your Apple Watch, so it can’t communicate with your iPhone. Disable Airplane Mode to restore the connection.
4. Turn off the Do Not Disturb Feature
Despite what you might think, it is easy to toggle accidentally Do Not Disturb mode. You might accidentally tap the wrong toggle because it’s found in the Control Center on Apple Watch. If your Watch is set to disable DND, follow these steps:
- You can access Control Center by touching the bottom of the Apple Watch.
- Find the DND icon (crescent moon).
- Tap the icon to enable it.
- Please turn it off by tapping it again.
- Turn off Do Not Disturb and try sending yourself a text or email to see if you receive the vibration.
5. Mute the Cover by Disabling It
Turn off the Cover to Mute. Go to the Apple Watch app on your mobile device and check if Cover to Mute is not enabled by clicking on My Watch > Sounds & Haptics > Cover to Mute.
6. Enable Mirrored Notifications
Make sure mirrored notifications are enabled. You can check that mirrored notifications are turned on by going to the Apple Watch app > My Watch > Notifications > Phone > Mirror my iPhone.
7. Restart your Apple Watch
Restarting your Apple Watch is another extremely simple way to knock the cobwebs off. The minicomputers are powerful but not as powerful as your iPhone or iPad.
- You will see the Power Off slider when you hold the Side button.
- There will be a display of the Apple logo once the Side button is pressed and held.
- Keeping your Apple Watch operating could be as simple as restarting it now and then.
8. Check for Software Update
Checking for a software update is one of the most straightforward ways to get your Apple Watch working again. Apple may have a software update waiting for you to fix the problem. Start by connecting your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi and charging it.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- From the bottom toolbar, tap My Watch.
- Select General from the drop-down menu.
- From the software update section, select Update software.
- If an update is available, follow the instructions on the screen to install it. You might need to enter your iPhone or Apple Watch passcode before continuing. Your Apple Watch will display a progress wheel as soon as the update begins. Your Watch will then restart after the update is complete.
- Reset the network settings on your iPhone. Then, reset the iPhone network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and restart the device. It is sometimes helpful for fixing connection issues.
If your Apple Watch does not notify you of text messages, you may miss important notifications. This issue cannot be dealt with continuously.
Check the status of your internet connection if your Apple Watch isn’t vibrating when you receive a text. You may need to resynchronize your Apple Watch.
Disable Airplane mode before proceeding. You can’t communicate from your iPhone to your Apple Watch in airplane mode, so your Watch can’t communicate with your iPhone.
Be sure to turn off airplane mode before trying to connect. Since the Apple Watch Control Center is located in the top left corner, you might accidentally tap the wrong toggle.