Have you ever deleted your iPhone contacts accidentally and now wondering “how to retrieve deleted contacts on an iPhone?” The iPhone has no built-in option to recover deleted contacts. However, there are several ways available that you can use to get back your deleted contacts on an iPhone. So, what are those ways?
If you have deleted your contacts, you can restore them using iCloud or syncing saved emails. iPhone also allows you to restore the recent backup, which will help you retrieve the deleted contacts. I recommend not using any free third-party apps that claim to recover deleted iPhone contacts.
Methods To Retrieve Deleted Contacts on an iPhone
The methods listed below will allow you to retrieve deleted contacts from an iPhone.
Method 1: Using iCloud
You will need an iPad or a computer if you wish to use this method of data recovery. Additionally, an iCloud backup of your old contacts must exist on your iPhone. If your iPhone has lost contact information, you can restore it from an iCloud backup, following these steps:
- Connect your Apple ID and password to iCloud.com so that you can access your iCloud account.
- Open the account settings.
- In the Advanced section, click the Restore Contacts button.
- You can restore the contacts from the date just before you deleted them by clicking Restore.
- Confirm by clicking Restore again.
You will receive an email notification from iCloud confirming that your contacts have been recovered to all of your Apple devices.
Method 2: Using Gmail
You can quickly restore your deleted iPhone contacts if you save them in your Google account. With this method, no computer is necessary, as the Settings app syncs your contacts automatically. The following instructions will help you retrieve deleted contacts:
- Please tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Then click on “Mail.”
- Click on Accounts to access your account information.
- You will have the option to add the saved contacts from your email account to your iPhone by selecting the email account.
- Synchronize your Gmail contacts with your iPhone by tapping the Contacts toggle.
From now on, your saved Gmail contacts will appear in the Contacts or Phone app.
Losing your iPhone contacts can be very frustrating for a lot of reasons. You will need to regather contact information from everyone important to you.
Regardless of how old your contacts are, they are pretty difficult to recover. The situation is even worse if you’ve lost business contacts.
However, there is still hope if you have accidentally deleted all your contacts on your iPhone. You can restore deleted contacts to your iPhone by choosing one of these two methods.
Restoring from an iCloud backup is also an option if you’ve backed your computer with iTunes. You can also use the Gmail account method if you don’t have a backup from iCloud or iTunes.