Special event tickets are nothing new when it comes to Pokémon GO Community Days. They provide players with a cost-effective opportunity to obtain a variety of useful goodies.
This time, Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon, and its eight evolved forms took center stage for the second time. The event coincided with the Pokémon GO Community Day in August 2021, which included additional bonuses and rewards. This Pokémon GO “What You Choose to Be” Special Research quest includes various chores, rewards, Pokémon encounters, and special perks.
What Is “What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO?
The “What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO Special Research quest was initiated as a five-stage Research special. And it features various tasks, rewards, Pokémon encounters, and other cool bonuses. Ticket holders could access the “What You Choose to Be Special Research” quest as of August 14, and August 15, 2021, from 11 am to 5 pm each day.
The event introduced new Shiny versions of Dragonite, Tyranitar, Larvitar, Mareep, and Pikachu. Trainers who completed the quest also received an Elite Fast TM.
The “What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO Special Research quest was first available to a select few. These Trainers had a ticket to the August 2021 Community Day event. Tickets could be purchased in the in-game shop for $0.99.
However, the game has not expired. This means that all Pokémon GO Trainers level 5 and above can still access the game and complete the tasks.
“What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO Tasks & Rewards
The “What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO Special Research quest allows trainers to get their hands on some new Eevee-related rewards. And, to do so, Trainers were required to complete some quests and challenges. Trainers have an unlimited amount of time to work through the stages. After opening the game, add it to your Special Research menu to activate it.
The tasks and rewards for the “What You Choose to Be” Special Research quests are as follows:
- Your Pokémon must power up 10 times – 10 Pinap Berry
- Then, you’ll need to catch 15 Eevees – Eevee encounters (can be shiny)
- And finally, you must make 7 Nice Throws – 50 Eevee Candy
As reward, you’ll receive: 2,000 Stardust, 25 Poké Balls, and 1 Incense.
- The first step of stage two is to catch 15 Eevees – Vaporeon encounter
- Then you’ll need to transfer 10 Pokémon – Jolteon encounter
- You’ll end off the stage by evolving 3 Eevees – Flareon encounter
You reward for completing stage two will be: 1,500 XP, 50 Eevee Candy, and 1 Incense.
- Kick of stage three by making 3 great curveball throws – Espeon encounter
- Next, you have to transfer 10 Pokémon – Eevee encounter (can be shiny)
- And complete by evolving 2 Eevees – Umbreon encounter
Completing stage three will give you: 2,500 XP, 14 Great Balls, and a Rocket Radar.
- Begin stage four by catching 15 Eevee – Leafeon encounter
- Then use 15 Berries to help catch Pokémon – Eevee encounter (can be shiny)
- Evolving 2 Eevees will end off stage four – Glaceon encounter
The rewards received at the end of stage four will be: 3,500 XP, an Egg Incubator, and 15 Ultra Balls.
- It’s time to claim some rewards, starting with one for 100 Eevee Candy
- The next reward you must claim is via an Eevee encounter (can be shiny)
- Lat, you’ll claim a reward, by means of 2 Silver Pinap Berry
Your stage five rewards with be: 3,000 Stardust, a Sylveon encounter, and 2 Rare Candy.
The “What You Choose to Be” Pokémon GO Special Research quest was a fan favorite. As a result, the event’s hashtag “#pokemongocommunityday” was trending across social media on August 14 and 15, 2021. And while the event itself might be over, this Special Research quest is still popular amongst budding Trainers globally.