Adding a title page to your document in Google Docs will make it more professional and neater. If you’re using Google Docs, you can make a title page, just like the one you find in Microsoft Word.
Google Docs is a great way to collaborate on documents. But it doesn’t include the ability to insert a cover page. However, a few workarounds will allow you to add a title page to your Google Doc. You can create a separate document for your title page and insert it as a page break. Alternatively, you can use Google Docs drawing tools to create a custom cover page.
This article will look at making a title page in Google Docs and more.
The Benefits of a Title Page
Knowing how to make a title page is helpful in both academia and business. You could be preparing a report for your boss or writing an essay for school. Either way, including a title page, can help you show that you’re organized and professional.
And, if you ever have to defend your thesis or dissertation, having a title page can help prove ownership of your work. Writing a title page isn’t difficult. You just need to follow a few specific guidelines.
How to Make a Title Page on Google Docs
Most word processing programs have a built-in function for creating a title page. But Google Docs does not. However, it is still possible to insert a title page into a Google Doc by following a few simple steps.
Create a Separate Title Page
- Go to “File” and click on “New” to create a new document.
- Create a title page according to your preference. Insert your text, images, border, etc., as required.
- Save your separate title page document and copy it to your clipboard.
- Then, go back to your original document and insert a page break by going to “Insert”, then “Break”, and “Page Break”.
- Finally, paste your title page into the space after the page break you just created.
Insert A Custom Title Page
- First, create a new blank document.
- Then, insert a page break by clicking on the “Insert” tab and selecting “Break”.
- Next, click on the “Insert” tab again and choose “Drawing”. This will open a new window where you can create your title page.
- Click on the “Text box” icon and type in your title to add text. You can then format the text using the options in the toolbar above.
- Click on the “Image” icon and select the desired file from your computer to add an image.
- Once you are satisfied with your title page, click on the “Save & Close” button in the window’s top-right corner.
Your title page will now be inserted into your Google Doc.
Your title page is an integral part of your work, even though it can be challenging to create a nice one using just Google docs. Whether you write a novel, report, letter, or even a homework assignment, a title page makes your work look more professional.