The “I” icon might seem confusing to you if you are beginning to use the Apple Watch, and you might ask, “what is the ‘I’ icon on Apple Watch?” Your Apple Watch has an “i” icon which serves similar purposes as it is on iOS and iPadOS. But what is it?
With the “I” icon on an Apple Watch, you can find information on how to pair it manually with your iPhone. New Apple Watches need to be paired with an iPhone to function. Select the “i” icon and follow the on-screen instructions to pair manually.
What Is the “I” Icon on Apple Watch?
Whenever you press the “I” icon on your Apple Watch, you can find information that will show you how to pair it manually with your iPhone.
It is necessary to pair the new Apple Watch with an iPhone to work properly. By selecting the “I” icon, you can pair manually by following the instructions on the screen.
A watch’s “I” icon can also represent several things, including manually pairing the watch. Some provide more information and will tell you what code you need to use to sync your watch.
How to Use the “I” Icon on Apple Watch?
You can use the “I” icon in the following different ways.
Unpairing Using the “I” Icon
Following these steps will help you unpair your Apple Watch.
- Select the digital crown and access the settings.
- Select the General option.
- Press the Reset button.
- Now, you will need to choose the Erase All Content & Settings.
- Open the My Watch section.
- To unpair your watch, you will need to tap it.
- Next to the selected watch, press the ‘I’ icon.
- To unpair the Apple Watch, you will need to tap the Unpair option, then confirm your decision.
Repairing Using the “I” Icon
It takes just a few minutes to repair your Apple Watch.
- Choose the Start Pairing button.
- You can pair Apple Watch manually on the iPhone by tapping the Pair Apple Watch option.
- Now, on the Apple Watch, you will need to tap the ‘i’ icon.
- You will need to input the numbers on the iPhone from the watch.
After you do this, the watch automatically syncs with your phone. Suppose it continues to disconnect, or you continue to experience issues. In that case, your watch or iPhone could be having other problems.
During the initial setup phase of the Apple Watch, you will see the “I” icon on the screen. If the watch is still unpaired, you will have to tap the “I” icon on the screen. It will appear on the lower right side of the screen.
The “I” icon on the watch allows you to manually begin and follow the pairing process later when pairing between your Apple Watch and iPhone.