If you want to take your photo or squeeze into a group photo, you might ask, “how to set the timer on an iPhone camera?” Since the early days of films, cameras with self-timers have been around. The iPhone’s Camera app also allows you to use the self-timer to take your picture. But how to set it?
You can set it by accessing the Shutter Timer option through the iPhone camera. With the iPhone photo timer, you can choose either a three-second delay or a ten-second delay, which is perfect for taking photos of yourself. Using a self-timer option during group photos is also a good idea.
Steps to Follow to Set the Timer on Your iPhone Camera
The timer on the iPhone camera might be difficult to find if you are unfamiliar with the device or have never used it before. These steps will show you how to use it.
- Choose either the Photo or Portrait mode in the camera app on your iPhone. You can use your front-facing camera and your rear-facing camera for this task.
- In the center of the screen, tap the up-arrow. You can open Mode Settings by swiping up on the Mode menu. Depending on the version of iOS, the mode settings may appear at the top.
- Go to the Shutter Timer icon. The location of the Shutter Timer icon may vary depending on your Mode and iOS version, though the icon does not change.
- As soon as you select the Shutter Time, it will get yellow. Until you change the Shutter Timer manually or close and reopen the camera, the Shutter Timer will not remain selected.
- Tap the menu and choose three or ten seconds
- After you press the shutter button, you need to get into position. After you press the shutter button, a countdown will appear on the screen. Ten shots will be taken in succession in a few short seconds after the timer goes off.
- If you want to edit a picture once it’s been captured, open it in the Gallery app. You can choose from several photos to use in Live Mode for editing.
Is a Timer Available on Every iPhone Model?
The Camera Timer is available on only a few iPhone models. Even if you haven’t updated the software on your device yet, you will get the timer option in the latest models. It should still be possible for you to use the instructions above to set the camera timer on the latest iPhone models, and the increments for holding the timer will remain the same for 3 or 10 seconds.
You will need to open the native Camera app on your iPhone to access the self-timer. With your iPhone camera timer, you can choose whether to delay taking a photo for 3 or 10 seconds.
Using a small tripod for your smartphone is as simple as setting the timer, tapping the shutter, and waiting for the iPhone to do the rest.