Most people are content to use the default background on their iPhones, but there are those of us who like to personalize our devices. Changing the background is a simple way to add a bit of flair. And it only takes a few steps to change your iPhone’s background.
Go to the “Settings” section on your iPhone. Scroll down and then tap on “Wallpaper”, the “Choose a New Wallpaper”. Now, choose from the default wallpapers on the device or tap “Camera Roll” to choose a wallpaper from your photos. Or you can select “Photos” to take a Live Photo. Once you’ve chosen a wallpaper, set it as your home screen, lock screen, or both.
Now, let’s consider the importance of changing the iPhone background and what you should know when changing it.
Why Change Your iPhone Background?
There are several reasons you might want to change the background on your iPhone. Maybe you’re bored with the default backgrounds and want something new, or maybe you want a background that better reflects your personality.
In addition to changing the background for aesthetic reasons, you may also want to change the background to improve the visibility of the icons and other interface elements on your iPhone’s home screen.
For example, if you have light-colored icons, you might want to choose a dark-colored background to make the icons easier to see.
Disadvantages of Changing Your iPhone Background
While there are some advantages to changing the background on your iPhone, there are also some disadvantages that you should be aware of.
- One disadvantage is that changing the background can make seeing the icons and other interface elements on your home screen more challenging.
This is especially true if you choose a dark-colored background with light-colored icons.
- Another disadvantage is that changing the background can use up more battery power.
This is because the iPhone’s display has to work harder to display a light-colored background than it does to display a dark-colored background.
- Finally, if you choose an animated or moving background, it can be distracting and make it more challenging to focus on the task at hand.
How To Change iPhone Background
Now that we’ve gone over some of the advantages and disadvantages of changing the background on your iPhone let’s look at how to actually do it.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Wallpaper.”
- Tap “Choose a New Wallpaper.”
- You’ll see a selection of default wallpapers provided by Apple. If you want to use one of these, tap on it. If not, tap “Camera Roll” to choose a wallpaper from your photos or “Photos” to choose a Live Photo (if your iPhone supports Live Photos).
- Once you’ve chosen a wallpaper, tap “Set.”
- You’ll be asked if you want to set the wallpaper as your home screen, lock screen, or both. Choose the option that you want and tap “Set Wallpaper.”
As you can see, changing the background on your iPhone is relatively simple. However, be mindful of what you choose to set up as your background image or video. Take care not to select something too colorful, making your icons, date, and time difficult to see. A muted, monochrome background is usually your best bet.