If you like people knowing you’re online while using Instagram, you might wonder how to appear offline on Instagram. With a recent update, Instagram now lets followers see when you are online and for how long. However, some Instagram users might dislike this feature and want to turn it off. So, how to do that?
First, access your profile. Tap your picture in the bottom right corner of the screen. Open your settings from there. Scroll down until you see “Privacy & Security.” Find the “Show activity status” box and uncheck the option.
Methods to Appear Offline on Instagram
On Instagram, you can appear offline by using the following methods.
Method 1: Appearing Offline on Instagram Using Smartphone
Some Instagram users are uncomfortable with other people knowing others’ online status. Due to this, Instagram allows users now have the option of appearing offline on the app in response.
Using this feature effectively prevents Instagram from showing if you’re online and your last activity. Follow these steps to make your Instagram profile appear offline if you use your smartphone.
- Launch Instagram and sign in.
- On your profile, click on the three dots icon.
- Now, choose “Settings.”
- Click “Privacy” on the following page.
- Keep scrolling until you see “Activity Status” and press it.
- You will then appear offline after unchecking “Activity Status.”
Method 2: Appearing Offline on Instagram Using PC
This method will work for you if you use your Instagram account on your PC.
- You will first need to log in to your account. Go to the official Instagram account to log in.
- Visit your profile and select the “Settings” option.
- After that, select the “Privacy & Security” option.
- Next, untick the “Show Activity Status” box to let you appear offline.
If you follow the steps above, you can easily pause your Instagram activity status on your PC. Assuming that you have more than one Instagram account, you will have to disable each account’s activity status individually.
Instagram provides people with the convenience of staying in touch with friends and family immediately. There are, however, drawbacks as well.
When you are not necessarily seeking contact from others, you might encounter some problems when you appear online.
As a result, Instagram allows the user to disable the appearance of their online status. Users can browse their feed without receiving messages when this feature is active.