Have you ever asked, “can you fax from your iPhone?” If so, then this article is for you. Though faxing seems obsolete, there are still legitimate reasons to fax. Most fax apps allow users to communicate without using a traditional fax machine. But can you do that on an iPhone?
Yes, faxing is possible on an iPhone. Using the built-in scanner on your iPhone, you need to take a picture of the document you wish to send as a fax, add the recipient’s fax number, and then send the fax. In addition, you may attach the fax documents from iCloud Drive or local storage.
Can You Fax From an iPhone?
Yes, the iPhone is capable of faxing. Various third-party apps available on iPhone will make the faxing task straightforward for you. iFax is an app that enables you to send documents directly from your iPhone using the iFax app.
The iFax app is free for the first seven days, but you must subscribe for the full service. You can also subscribe to iFax for a very reasonable price. The app can attach a document or image, write a text, and scan a document to fax. Here’s how:
- Go to the App Store and get the iFax application.
- Once you have the app opened, choose to Send a Free Fax in the menu.
- Now, make sure you give us all the details such as the fax number, name, and any comments for the recipient.
- Now, you will need to add your documents. After you select Scan/Add Document, you will be able to attach the document.
- Choose the location of the image/document.
- You may also type text and fax it as an alternative to scanning a document.
- Feel free to make any necessary adjustments to your documents.
- If you attach them, you will receive a preview of the document.
- If you wish to send the fax, select Send after the preview.
Benefits of Faxing on iPhone
Although messaging apps and email have advanced, faxing remains a viable option. Especially among businesses, faxing remains a popular way to communicate.
It’s more secure than email, especially when sending documents that require signatures. It became legal to use faxed signatures in the 20th century.
In addition, faxing provides you with receipt confirmation, which email and other communication methods do not offer. Faxing continues to be an efficient and convenient means of transmitting and receiving documents.
However, the fax machine’s demand has decreased due to mobile apps. Several apps for iPhones and computers make it possible to send and receive faxes online.
It is possible to send and receive faxes over the phone from any location using faxing. A fax machine, paper, ink toner, and other unnecessary equipment.
Moreover, thanks to mobile apps, it is now possible for you to sign, send, and receive documents using your smartphone.
The best thing is faxing is also possible even if you are an iPhone user. With ease, you can use third-party apps to send, sign, or receive any fax through your iPhone.